Originating from the Sichuan province in China, Japan has adopted this delicious recipe. The main ingredients consist of ground pork and tofu.
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (1/2 inch) fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lbs ground pork or hamburger
- 1 chinese egg plant sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp tobanjan
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 package firm tofu cut into 1/2in squares
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1/2 minced yellow onion
- Heat sesame oil on medium high heat in a large wok.
- Add in ginger, yellow onion, garlic into pan and heat until turns a golden brown.
- Add minced pork/hamburger and stir until it is completely broken up and browned.
- Add eggplant in and mix into pork/hamburger for 1 minute
- Add in tobanjan, soy sauce, oyster sauce then reduce heat to allow ingredients to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add in green onions and tofu and gently stir for 1 minute
- Serve along with white rice
- Tobanjan is a spicy chili soy bean paste. You can replace the tobanjan with miso paste. If you find the flavor lacking you can add in another 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil and another 2 table spoons of oyster sauce.
Chao's Asian Market http://chaosasianmarket.com/