A great, tasty recipe for Japanese style Gyoza. Good for a party appetizer or may be served as a main dish.
Write a review
- ½ lb Ground pork
- ½ lb Nira (Asian chive/Asian leek)
- 2/3 lb Cabbage
- About a thumb worth of Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 TBS Oyster sauce
- 2 TBS Sake
- 2 TBS Soy sauce
- 2 TBS Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 50 pieces Gyoza skin
- Finely chop the vegetables. Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix it with hand. Knead it well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed (about 5 min)
- Let it sit for 30min – 1hr to let the flavor settle
- Wrap the gyoza
- Heat up the pan / griddle to high. Add about 2TBS of oil and line up the gyoza on top
- Let it fry until bottom is lightly browned. Pour in 1cup of water, close lid, and let it steam (about 5 min)
- Open lid and let the rest of moisture cook off. Drizzle some sesame oil from the edge of the pan / griddle.
- Serve with the brown side up. Bon appetite!
- May leave out sake if desired
Chao's Asian Market http://chaosasianmarket.com/